It is a super moist, buttery, and flavorful almond sheet cake covered with creamy almond frosting. This white sheet cake recipe uses ingredients that everyone has on hand, so you can prepare it quickly whenever you want.
I like sheet cake recipes because they’re perfect for feeding the crowd. You can slice it and serve it, or you can easily decorate it with chopped or sliced almonds, and it will look festive and mouth-watering.
Like me, if you love almonds and are looking for an almond cake recipe, this one’s for you. It has amazing almond, vanilla, and butter flavor so that no one can resist your almond sheet cake.
Can You Freeze Almond Sheet Cake?
Yes, you can freeze almond sheet cake with or without frosting. Just be sure that the cake has cooled completely before freezing. Then, cover the almond sheet cake with plastic wrap or place leftover pieces in a freezer-safe container.
You can store almond sheet cake leftovers:
- at room temperature, covered, for 2-3 days;
- in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container, for up to 7 days;
- in the freezer, covered with plastic wrap, or placed in a freezer-safe airtight container, for up to 2 months.
- I recommend mixing dry and wet ingredients separately. This way, all ingredients will be perfectly mixed.
- This recipe is perfect for a 10×15 inch sheet cake pan, but if you use a smaller pan, please note that the baking time may increase. Check the readiness using a toothpick inserted in the center. If it comes out clean – the almond sheet cake is ready.
- The frosting hardens quickly, so if you want to spread it evenly, prepare it and cover the warm cake immediately.
For the almond sheet cake:
- - 2 cups all-purpose flour;
- - 2 cups granulated sugar;
- - 1 tsp baking powder;
- - ½ tsp salt;
- - ½ cup sour cream, at room temperature;
- - 2 large eggs, at room temperature;
- - 1 tsp almond extract;
- - ½ tsp vanilla extract;
- - 1 cup butter;
- - 1 cup water.
For the frosting:
- - ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter;
- - ¼ cup milk;
- - 3 cups powdered sugar;
- - ½ tsp almond extract;
- - ¼ tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract until combined. Set aside
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter and water. When butter is melted, stir together and bring to a boil. Then, remove from the heat and pour this hot mixture and egg mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir using a rubber spatula until combined and no lumps remain.
- Grease a sheet cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then, pour almond sheet cake batter. Spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- While the almond sheet cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In the same saucepan, add butter and milk. When butter is melted, stir together and bring to a boil. Then, remove from the heat. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract. Beat using an electric mixer until completely combined.
- When the cake is ready, remove it from the oven and pour hot frosting over the warm cake. Spread evenly.
- Let the almond sheet cake cool completely. Then, slice and serve. I like to sprinkle some chopped or sliced almonds over the piece of cake. Enjoy!