The Lemon Pound Cake is super moist, best, easy, and flavorful. It is soaked with sweet lemon syrup and topped with amazing lemon cream cheese frosting.
If you are looking for delicious lemon desserts, you will definitely like this one. It has a rich lemon flavor, sweet and tart taste, soft and moist texture.
The list of ingredients is quite long, but it consists of simple ingredients you can easily find. Do not be afraid of that. The taste of this Lemon Pound Cake is worth it to prepare.
If you don’t like frosting in lemon cake recipes, sprinkle the lemon pound cake with powdered sugar.
How To Freeze Lemon Pound Cake?
You can freeze this lemon pound cake with or without the cream cheese frosting:
- Without frosting. Let the cake cool completely after soaking. Then, wrap with plastic wrap and freeze.
- With frosting. It will be harder to freeze this lemon pound cake with frosting as it will stick to the plastic wrap. You can place leftovers or the whole cake in the freezer on a baking sheet to avoid it. Leave the cake in the freezer for a few hours until it freezes. Then, wrap in plastic wrap or place leftovers in a freezer-safe container.
You can store leftovers for 3-4 days in the refrigerator and the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Be sure to use butter, eggs, and cream cheese at room temperature.
- You can also prepare your soaking syrup in the microwave. Just add ingredients to the microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Then, stir until sugar dissolves.
- Grease the bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray, melted butter, or oil. You can also dust the pan with flour. It will help to unmold the cake.
For the Lemon Pound Cake:
- - 3 cups all-purpose flour;
- - ½ tsp baking soda;
- - ½ tsp baking powder;
- - 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened;
- - 2 cups granulated sugar;
- - ¼ tsp salt;
- - 3 large eggs, at room temperature;
- - ½ cup sour cream;
- - 2 tbsp lemon juice;
- - 2 tbsp lemon zest;
- - 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- - ½ cup buttermilk.
For the lemon soaking syrup:
- - 4 tbsp lemon juice;
- - 2 tbsp water;
- - ¼ cup water.
For the lemon cream cheese frosting:
- - 4 oz cream cheese, softened;
- - 2 cups powdered sugar;
- - 3 tbsp lemon juice;
- - 2 tbsp lemon zest;
- - ¼ tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Set aside.
- Ann softened butter and sugar to another bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until creamed. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition. Then, add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Beat until completely combined.
- Then, add the third of the dry ingredients. Mix until combined using a spatula. Mix in half of the buttermilk and repeat with the next third of the dry ingredients and remaining half of the buttermilk. Finally, stir in the remaining dry ingredients. Don’t overmix the batter, mix until no lumps of flour remain.
- Grease a bundt pan using a non-stick cooking spray. Then, transfer the lemon pound cake batter to the greased bundt pan. Spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness using a toothpick inserted in the center, if it comes out clean - lemon pound cake is ready.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the soaking syrup. Add lemon juice, water, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- When the cake is ready, remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the bundt pan.
- Poke holes all over the cake using a skewer or a toothpick. Then, brush the lemon soaking syrup over the lemon pound cake.
- While the cake is cooling and soaking, prepare the lemon cream cheese frosting. In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. When the cake is cooled completely, top it with frosting. Slice and enjoy!