My favorite Chinese dish is definitely fried rice. I not only find it delicious but also comforting. It is so easy to order it nowadays. Take-out is just a phone call away. But, do you know how easy it is to make homemade fried rice? Let me tell you.
If you have leftover rice in your fridge, it will take you about 15 minutes to make the most amazing vegetable fried rice. You can add anything you want to it, but veggie and egg-fried rice are my favorite.
You don’t even have to cut the veggies. Frozen ones will do just fine. After trying his fried rice, I can assure you take out will not be your first option ever again.
How To Make Fried Rice?
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large skillet. Once the oil is hot, saute the onion and garlic until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen veggies and cook them until tender. It may take about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the veggies are tender, move them to one side of the wok or skillet, and pour the beaten eggs on the other side. Scramble the eggs, and once cooked, mix them with the cooked veggies.
- Mix the cold leftover rice into the veggie/egg mixture until well combined and cook until heated through.
- Pour in the soy sauce, give everything a good stir and serve while hot.
Can You Freeze and Reheat Fried Rice?
You certainly can. I recommend you make more than you need and freeze the leftovers for a rainy day.
That’s what I like to do. I know it’s very easy to make it fresh, but sometimes I don’t even have time for that, so it is very convenient to have some in the freezer.
Wait until it is room temperature, place it in a freezer bag, label it with the date and freeze for up to 4 months. To reheat, thaw it in the fridge the night before and reheat in a lightly oiled hot skillet until hot.
- Fried rice is very quick to make, but be sure to have your wok or skillet very hot before you start making it. A cold skillet won’t work as well.
- You can use fresh veggies too. I like to use frozen ones because it is more convenient, but fresh ones are even better.
- You can add cooked chicken, shrimp, pork, beef, or ham to your fried rice. Or even mix them up!
- I like to use reduced-sodium soy sauce, but you can use the same quantity of regular soy sauce.
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
If you have leftover rice in your fridge, it will take you about 15 minutes to make the most amazing vegetable fried rice
- 4 cups leftover refrigerated cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen carrots, diced
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large skillet. Saute the onion and garlic just until translucent, about two minutes
- Add the frozen veggies and cook them for about 3-4 minutes or until tender
- Place the veggies on one side of the pan and pour the beaten egg on the other. Scramble the eggs and then mix them with the cooked veggies
- Mix in the cooked rice and soy sauce and cook until heated through