Sundays in my house are pancake day, so I have tried various recipes. This is hands down the best pancake recipe I have ever made. It makes the most delicious and fluffiest pancakes. I use it as a base and add different things every time.
It’s a classic pancake recipe that you can upgrade by adding things like chocolate chips, chopped fruit, different flavored extracts, or anything you can imagine.
This is a recipe you want to save for all eternity and pass down to your children and grandchildren. On Sundays, I make a big batch and freeze some of the pancakes to eat throughout the week.
Need more breakfast ideas? Check out these delicious recipes:
- The Best Breakfast Pizza
- Crescent Roll Breakfast
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Ham Casserole
- Fluffy Japanese Soufflé Pancakes
How To Make Homemade Pancakes From Scratch?
Have all your ingredients ready, and take out a sieve and a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a sieve or a sifter, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into the bowl.
- After all the dry ingredients are sifted, you will add the wet ingredients. Mix in the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract using a whisk. Mix until combined and smooth
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Spray it with butter-flavored cooking spray, and add about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the top.
- Flip them over and cook them for about one minute on the other side. Serve them while hot.
Freeze Pancakes For Later:
To freeze the pancakes, make sure they are cold first. Do not attempt to freeze hot pancakes, or they will stick together.
After they have completely cooled off, place them into a freezer bag with a square of wax paper in between each one of them, so it is easier to take them out one by one. You can freeze them for up to 4 months.
To reheat, take as many as you need out of the freezer and reheat in the microwave until hot. You can also reheat them in a toaster.
- Remember to let the batter rest for a bit. This gives the baking powder time to react and produce the fluffiest pancakes.
- If you want to add chocolate chips, add them directly to the batter.
- Cook your pancakes over medium heat. If you cook them over high heat, they will burn on the bottom before cooking in the middle.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a medium-sized bowl
- Whisk in the milk, melted butter, beaten egg, and vanilla extract to the sifted flour mixture until combined and smooth. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- While the batter is resting, heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. When hot, spray with cooking spray and add about ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles form.
- Flip them over and cook for about a minute on the other side. Serve them immediately
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 14.7gProtein: 3g