Pizza is one of the most popular dishes of all time, we all love it. But have you tried homemade breakfast pizza? I think it’s a brilliant idea! Let your family wake up to this delicious surprise.
Perfectly crispy pizza dough, country sausage gravy, soft scrambled eggs, bacon, and freshly shredded cheddar make this the best breakfast pizza recipe ever. Your family will love you for it!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Refrigerated pizza crust: using refrigerated pizza dough will make this recipe very easy to prepare
- Fresh eggs. We’ll use 8 whole eggs
- Milk to make the eggs extra soft and fluffy
- Butter. Please don’t use oil for scrambled eggs
- Country sausage gravy will act as the pizza “sauce”
- Minced onion and dry parsley to flavor the scrambled eggs
- Cheddar cheese. Freshly shredded if you can! Pre-shredded cheese will not melt properly. I like sharp cheddar, but you can use the cheese you like the most
- Real bacon bits. If you want to fry your own bacon by all means do it, but real bacon bits are more convenient and equally as good.
How to make a breakfast pizza?
Follow these easy steps for the best breakfast pizza recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Spray a baking sheet with oil. Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough and stretch it to fit the whole baking sheet. Poke holes all over the top with a fork and bake them for 7 minutes.
- Spread the country sausage gravy on top of the par-baked pizza crust.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, dry minced onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. In a medium-sized skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter and scramble the eggs until cooked but still moist and fluffy.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and real bacon bits evenly on top of the pizza crust and bake for about 8-10 mins or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the crust are lightly brown.
What sauce goes on breakfast pizza?
We will use country sausage gravy as our pizza sauce. It is also known as white gravy or country gravy (without sausage). You can make it yourself or buy it. Libby’s makes a good Country Sausage Gravy.
You can also find it in powder form. The dry gravy mix is cheaper and you just add a cup of milk, simmer it for 5 minutes and you’re done.
What to serve with breakfast pizza?
Fruit salad is always a great side dish for breakfast pizza, but if you are serving it as part of a brunch spread, other great dishes to serve alongside it are Fluffy Japanese Souffle Pancakes or Old-Fashioned Pancakes.
For dessert, I think Easy Apple Pie Filling Coffee Cake is a must and Banana Bread Brownies would be amazing as well.
Can You Reheat Breakfast Pizza?
You can. I really don’t think you’re going to have any leftovers, but if you do, let the pizza cool completely, wrap it in waxed paper, and store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Reheat it in the oven or toaster oven. You can also do it in the microwave, but your pizza crust will not be crispy.
The Best Breakfast Pizza
- 1 -13.8oz tube refrigerated pizza crust
- Cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsps dry minced onion
- 2 tsps dry parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 -15oz can Libby’s country sausage gravy
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- ½ cup real bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Spay a baking sheet with cooking spray and unroll the pizza dough on top. Spread it with your fingers until it covers the whole baking sheet. Poke it with a fork all over the top and bake it for 7 mins
- Spread the country sausage gravy evenly on top of the pizza crust
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, minced onion, dried parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Melt the butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and scramble the eggs until cooked but still moist and fluffy
- Spoon the scrambled eggs and sprinkle the shredded cheese and bacon bits evenly on top of the pizza crust. Bake for 8-10 mins or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust are lightly golden brown.