This is an easy French toast recipe that you can prepare for a delicious breakfast or snack in just a few minutes. It is so easy, you can even let the kiddos help!
This basic French toast recipe includes cheap and simple ingredients that anyone has on hand and can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
You can serve it with your favorite toppings: powdered sugar, chopped almonds, chocolate chips, maple syrup, fresh berries, or jam.
If you are in need of breakfast ideas, let me give you some inspiration:
- The Best Breakfast Pizza
- Crescent Roll Breakfast
- Easy Breakfast Ham Casserole
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole
- Fluffy Japanese Soufflé Pancakes
What Is The Best Bread For French Toast?
Brioche, Challah, and French Baguette are the best bread for French toast. But these aren’t the only types of bread that can be used in this recipe.
You can use any bread you want. Just note that some types of bread will take longer to soak in the egg mixture than others.
How To Make French Toast?
This is a super easy classic French toast recipe. Just whisk together all of the ingredients (except bread slices and butter). Then, dip each bread slice into the beaten egg mixture.
Repeat with the other side. Cook in a preheated and buttered griddle or a skillet until golden brown on both sides.
Repeat with the remaining bread slices. When done, transfer to a plate. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- French toasts should be toasted over medium heat. At high heat, the slices of bread can burn quickly outside but may still be raw inside. Be sure your French toast is completely cooked through.
- You can use more or less sugar depending on your taste.
- This recipe is made for 12 servings. If this is a lot for you, you can quickly reduce the number of ingredients by half or four.
- You can use any bread you want. Just note that some types of bread will take longer to soak in the egg mixture than others.
- - 4 large eggs, at room temperature;
- - ⅔ cup milk;
- - ⅓ cup granulated sugar;
- - ½ tsp vanilla extract;
- - ⅛ tsp cinnamon;
- - pinch of salt;
- - 12 slices of bread;
- - butter for cooking.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Preheat a griddle or heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter. Dip each bread slice into the beaten egg mixture, let it soak slightly, flip and let the other side soak as well.
- Cook for a few minutes until golden brown on both sides. Usually, it takes about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- When done, transfer to a plate. Serve the warm French toast with a drizzle of your favorite syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 3.2gCarbohydrates: 17.3gProtein: 5.7g