Skip to Content

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

There are a lot of chicken and rice recipes out there, but if you want to do something a bit different, try this chicken spaghetti casserole. The flavor is amazing, and since it is not the same boring chicken dinner, your family will appreciate it.

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

It is cheesy and a bit tangy because it has bottled pimento peppers in it. No need to brown chicken to perfection because this recipe for chicken spaghetti uses cooked and shredded chicken breasts for your convenience.

You can boil your chicken or buy pre-cooked chicken breasts in the grocery store. In this day and age, we need all the help we can get, and this chicken spaghetti recipe comes together in no time!

My family is a fan of pasta dishes, and I am a fan of casseroles, so I love making my Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole, also, the Best Tuna Casserole Recipe out there (this is my personal favorite), the Best Boneless Chicken Casserole as well, and Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, which is always a hit!

“The full recipe with ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.”

How To Make Chicken Spaghetti?

  1. Working in batches, break the spaghetti strands into thirds. Cook them according to package instructions, minus one minute. It should have a bit of a bite because it will be baked, and we don’t want mushy pasta. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. In a large bowl, place cooked spaghetti, cooked and shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, onion, bell peppers, minced garlic, one cup of shredded cheddar cheese, diced pimentos, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix everything until well combined.
  3. Spoon mixture evenly into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese on top.
  4. Bake the casserole, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Can You Freeze Cooked Chicken Spaghetti?

You can freeze it before baking it or if you have any leftovers. If you want to freeze it unbaked, cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap and foil and freeze it for up to 4 months.

If you have any leftovers, put them in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 4 months. Remember to always label your food with the date.

What To Serve with Chicken Spaghetti?

How about a salad on the side? I love to serve salads as side dishes. Creamy and cheesy dishes go very well with tangy dressings. My favorite salad is Tomato Cucumber Onion Salad, or since you are already using the oven, how about a delicious and Easy Brussels Sprouts Casserole Recipe? Don’t want another creamy side dish? Then definitely try The Best Brussels Sprouts of Your Life. They are so good, even the kids love them!

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Cooking Tips

  1. Check the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time. You want it to be 90% cooked. The other 10% will be achieved inside the oven.
  2. If the cheese begins to brown before the 30 mins are over, cover the casserole with foil until the cooking time is up.
  3. Try to chop all the veggies as small as you can. This ensures nobody gets a huge piece of any veggie in a bite and that they cook properly.
  4. Check the seasoning before putting the casserole in the oven, and adjust it with extra salt and pepper if needed.
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Yield: 8 - SERVINGS
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes

The secret ingredient in this amazingly delicious casserole is jarred pimentos!


  • 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
  • 1- 16 oz packet of spaghetti broken down in thirds
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • ¼ cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
  • ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper pepper
  • ¼ cup minced onion
  • 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • 1- 4 oz jar diced pimentos, drained
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • Salt and pepper to taste


  1. Break spaghetti into thirds and cook according to package instructions, minus one minute. You want it to have a bit of a bite to it.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti and all the ingredients, except ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
  3. Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup shredded cheddar on top. Bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Information:

Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 13.5gCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 24g

Did you make this recipe?

Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest

Skip to Recipe