Lemon does so much for chicken thigh recipes with potatoes. There is something about a drizzle of lemon juice that just makes everything taste better! The same is true for shrimp recipes. Chicken thighs are very flavorful and versatile. My kids love when I make them in the crockpot.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
To make Greek lemon potatoes and chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Red potatoes
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- White wine
- Fresh oregano or parsley
You can use your favorite potatoes and remove the skin from the chicken thighs if you prefer.
How to Make Green Lemon Chicken and Potatoes?
To make Greek Lemon Chicken follow these steps:
- Using a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs and red potatoes with the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dried oregano, paprika, rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to combine
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the chicken thighs (skin side up), potatoes, and any juices on a baking sheet or roasting pan
- Pour the white wine over the chicken and potatoes and bake for 40 minutes. Check twice just to make sure there is still a little liquid on the bottom. Add more wine as needed
What to Serve with Greek Lemon Chicken?
How to Store and Reheat Greek Lemon Potatoes and Chicken?
You can store any room-temperature leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months. To reheat, you can either microwave them until hot or reheat them in a 350F oven.
Other chicken thigh recipes you might enjoy:
Greek Lemon Chicken with potatoes is zesty, crispy, and delicious!
Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 cp red potatoes, diced
- ⅓ cp lemon juice
- ¼ cp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cp white wine
- Chopped fresh oregano or parsley for garnish
- Using a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, diced potatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the chicken thighs (skin side up) and the potatoes on a baking sheet or roasting pan along with the marinade. Pour the white wine over them and bake for 40 mins. Flip the potatoes at the 20 min mark and make sure there is still liquid in the bottom. Add more wine if needed. Serve with chopped parsley or oregano on top