I think the one-pan chicken and rice dinner idea is a genius idea. Everyone is looking for a quick chicken and rice recipe, and these skillet dinners are the winning ticket.
I love the idea of throwing everything into one pot or skillet and not having to wash loads of dirty dishes. Let’s face it, kids love chicken better than anything else, and if you are watching your weight, chicken is the way to go, so easy chicken recipes are always popular.
You can make them as simple or as fancy as you want, depending on the ingredients you use or the ones you have at hand.
It is usually done in under 30 minutes, and you can serve it in the skillet, so even fewer dishes to wash! In my house, the chicken and rice dinner is always a favorite, like my Chicken Burrito Skillet, which is just as delicious, or this comforting Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup, It doesn’t get easier than this Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole for sure. Smothered Chicken and Rice is another favorite!
“The full recipe with ingredients can be found in the recipe card below.”
How To Make Chicken and Rice?
- Cut the chicken breasts half lengthwise and season with paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Using a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil and brown the chicken breasts on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer them to a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil and saute the chopped onion and red bell pepper until the onion is translucent. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan for all the flavor left behind by the browning of the chicken breasts.
- Pour in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water into the pan. Bring to a boil and add the rice and broccoli florets. Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice, place the lid on, and cook on low for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and cooked through.
Can You Freeze Chicken and Rice?
You certainly can. Just place any leftovers in an airtight container and freeze for up to 4 months. Remember to label the food with the date before freezing.
- Be sure the pan is hot before you add the oil, and when the oil is hot, you can brown the chicken breasts. If you place them in a cold skillet, they will not brown.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan to release all the bits and pieces stuck in there when you browned the chicken. They are full of flavor.
- Before adding the rice, bring the cream of chicken soup and water to a boil, and reduce the heat after adding the rice, broccoli, and chicken to the pan. Remember to cook it on low and with the lid on, or the rice won’t cook before the water evaporates.
What To Serve With Chicken and Rice?
A salad and something yummy for dessert. A simple mixed greens salad with tomatoes and sliced onions goes perfectly with this.
I like to use a red wine vinegar-based dressing, and I don’t mind eating the salad on the same plate. I like it when some of the dressing mixes with the rice.
I also like to add a bit of lemon juice to my chicken and rice. I think the perfect dessert for this dish is any fruit cobbler, like Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler.
Quick Chicken and Rice Recipe
Everyone is looking for a quick chicken and rice recipe, and these skillet dinners are the winning ticket
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1- 10 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with paprika, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Using a large skillet, heat one tablespoon oil and brown the chicken breasts on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the other tablespoon of oil, and saute the onions and bell peppers until the onions are translucent for about two minutes.
- Pour in the condensed cream of chicken soup and water. Add the rice and broccoli florets. Return the chicken to the skillet and place them on top of the rice. Put the lid on and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 20gCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 51g
Wednesday 23rd of November 2022
Just be sure to use INSTANT rice. I speak from experience……
Tuesday 20th of December 2022
Thank you for your advice!