The easiest and the most delicious coconut loaf cake I’ve ever tried! It is a crumbly, flavorful, and moist raspberry loaf. An absolute favorite among loaf cake recipes. It’s a perfect cake for coconut lovers. Usually, I prepare it for parties or celebrations.
Everyone likes it; only desiccated coconut remains on the plate after the party. Coconut loaf cake just melts in your mouth.
If you are looking for a recipe for pound cake loaf, this is a win-win option. Easy coconut loaf cake with a very rich taste and flavor. Give it a try!
How To Make Raspberry and Coconut Loaf Cake?
Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition until combined. Stir in milk. Then, add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until just combined. Finally, stir in desiccated coconut.
- Grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Transfer half of the batter to the pan. Spoon raspberry jam on top. Spread evenly. Then, cover with the remaining batter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Then, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until ready. Check the readiness of the coconut loaf cake using a toothpick inserted in the center.
- Prepare the icing. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and icing sugar. Then, stir in raspberry jam. You can add more lime juice or water if your icing is too thick.
- When the coconut loaf cake cooled, cover with raspberry icing and sprinkle with desiccated coconut. Slice and serve!
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, this raspberry loaf cake freezes well. Let the cake cool completely, then wrap the whole loaf or leftover slices with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
You can easily add more tropical taste to this coconut loaf cake by:
- Using demerara sugar instead of granulated sugar;
- Adding 1 tbsp lime zest to the batter;
- Using shredded coconut instead of desiccated coconut;
- Adding coconut milk instead of milk.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or store tightly wrapped with plastic wrap or aluminum foil for 3-4 months in the freezer.
For the coconut loaf cake:
For the icing: