Looking for a ground beef Korean recipe? Yes, cheater Korean beef is a thing, and it’s delicious! Paired with Butter Garlic Rice it makes an amazing meal! Ground beef is a very versatile ingredient, I use it to make anything from Stuffed Pasta Shells to Cornbread Casserole, and Hamburger Macaroni Soup!
Ingredients you’ll need:
To make this delicious Korean Beef recipe, you’ll need:
- Lean ground beef
- Sesame oil
- Brown sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Green onions
I recommend always using lean ground beef. If you don’t have it at hand, be sure to drain the fat after cooking it.
How to Make Korean Ground Beef?
Making this recipe is so easy and quick, you will have it ready in less than 30 minutes.
All you have to do is:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and brown the ground beef along with the garlic
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve over white rice
What to Serve with Korean Beef?
I love Asian-inspired dishes and I don’t mind mixing and matching cuisines, so I like to start the meal with lettuce wraps. Steamy freshly cooked white rice is a must, and a side of Tomato Cucumber Salad helps balance the strong flavors in the beef. To end the meal, something lemony is my preference, and I love Lemon Brownies or Lemon Pound Cake.
Cheater Korean beef can be made ahead and frozen, stored in an airtight container or freezer bag, for up to 4 months.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure they are at room temperature before freezing or refrigerating any leftovers.
More Asian-inspired recipes you will enjoy:
Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated or minced
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once hot, add the ground beef with the garlic and cook until there is no pink left on the meat. Drain the excess fat if necessary.
- Add the grated ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ground pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over white rice and top with sliced green onions.